Her

My thoughts are with Her this evening. I don't know whether I should applaud or cry for Her. She says she is happy so I will be happy too.

 I wanted everything that she had growing up. She seemed to have it all. She made all the right choices while I was the one to go astray over...and over....again. I learned a lot in those mistakes that helped me be intentional about future choices. Her choices never seemed mistakes. I was always the type who needed to know more than just what the "right decision" was....I needed to know why all the others were "wrong". She never seemed to even wonder.

Her home was filled with boundless opportunities while I struggled to create my own. Money doesn't buy happiness but it certainly creates opportunities.

Her family is beautiful and with them, she has all the time in the world. Mine is so small it could disappear in a moment.And  I often fear it will.

I could never compete with her. The criteria I used to judge seemed relevant but now seems so empty.

I want to show her all that she has.

Her brilliant mind wouldn't wrap itself around my simple ideals.

She may even take offense.

Her beliefs, politics, and values can be different than mine. I just wish they were enough to make her smile.

Her smile is light.

No comments: