A New Year...

I really love this time of year. I love what "the new year" stands for. I love the resolve and the renewed optimism that people have to make themselves better than they have been before. This year for me will be about daily details. Working off The List is still in full swing but by looking at it I notice much of what I check off are the things that require short-term commitment or are "once in a lifetime experiences". The things that have been left uncrossed on the list the longest are those things that take a daily effort, persistence, and patience. Of course. For those that know me well, this makes perfect sense. There are things pegged for this year that are short-term goals like: Buy the "Sutton Homestead" Enjoy tea time in England Learn the art of canning Backpacking in Yellowstone But I think these things will come fairly naturally. There are things that I work on year after year with little progress and I think if I focus on them first, the rest will follow. Walk/Run/Swim/Bike 5 days a week Eat 90% plant based diet Read the Bible I look forward to 2013 mostly because the Mr. and I will finally be in the same state together and we are working to build some permanency in our lives. It's going to be fabulous!

No comments: