Spring...

It has been a lifetime that I have sat down at the computer simply for the purpose of writing. A lot of changes here in Milwaukee. Mostly very good. I am tired though. With the change of the seasons, watching the tiny seedlings in my garden sprout up and the grass turning green I am reminded of all the opportunities I have had for a "fresh start" throughout my life. Most of this boils down to my beliefs about my relationship with God and this concept that life is meant to give us opportunities to learn and to grow even if the growing is painful. Over the course of the last few months I have had to defend myself and my beliefs on so many different levels. The political climate here in Milwaukee has been chaotic and working for the State I had the opportunity for a front row seat. Combine this with being an active member of a controversial religion in an area where you are the minority. I have a reputation among my friends and colleagues as being "outspoken" and "stubborn" but also the girl that "gets along with everyone". I try to have respect for individuals regardless of who they are or what they believe. Certainly, like everyone, we have biases but I am talking about a general respect. This is a direct consequence of my beliefs and not a sense of altruism if I am being completely honest. I believe that we are all literal children of a loving God and we may not always want to respect/love those around us but we have an obligation. To be perfectly honest I am not sure if this all makes sense even as I write. Again, this writing is therapy for me. After much thought and pondering I have made some big decisions in attempt to reconcile my priorities. I am tired of defending. I look forward to this next season with fondness. 

No comments: